Monday, January 14, 2013

A PERFECT CALENDAR FOR ME *warning: heavy photo load

Before I happened upon the Filofax Organizer, I had used many other types of organizers.  One that I kept going back to was the Planner Pads.   Using the FF calendars for about 6 months or so, I began to really miss the Planner Pad calender layout.  I realized it had everything I wanted in it. Plus the paper is really, really nice.  The format is week on two pages.

I had to purchase a binder because the papers (unfortunately) are about 1-1/2 inches wider than my A5 can handle.  Too bad!  As you go through the calendar, the first page that you see is a 3 year "at-a-glance" calendar, 2013, 2014, and 2015.  I made a plastic cover leaf for this, it didn't come with one.  I really like having the plastic leaf in the front.
Then the next few pages offers you a year-at-a-glance for three years, 2013, 2014 and 2015.  I love that!
The page after these is a 3 year holidays list.  Pretty cool!
Then  comes the first index page (purchased seperately).  The indexes are Jan - Dec, and each side is set apart for "notes", I like that too! Alot!
The best part is that each WOTP begins with a month-at-a-glance page.  I totally love that!  I miss it, when I don't have it.  Super cool!
The Martha Stewart sticky note fits in the binder.

Then comes the WOTP.  Planner Pads has a whole science on how to use this calendar.  Click here to see how it is supposed to work.  I've tried it and I never really devoted myself to it.  I use it in my own way.  I love having three different sections for each day.  One section includes the time slots, from 7AM until 8PM.
PP sells a calendar bookmark, I made one instead.

Uninterrupted view.
The last page of every month is a "notes" page, except for December's which  they give you the following January's month-at-a-glance page.
"Notes" at the end of each month and on the index card.

Last page of December and 14 pages of extras in a gold color.

14 pages (fronts & backs) of goals, projects or whatever you want to record there.
I went with the inexpensive binder.  It's vinyl, but feels soft and supple like leather.  I love that I could get it in fuschia.  Delivery was pretty quick, about a week & a half.  It was over New Year's weekend when I ordered it. They carry looseleaf (which is what this is) and bound calendars.

Currently,  the PP is a "before the day begins" calendar and my FF Chameleon A5 is an "after the day ends" journal calendar.  I've been using both since the year started and I'm feeling really comfortable with them both.


I guess I've always kind of been an organizer junkie for years!

*If you noticed all the holes punched funky, it's because I originally planned to put this calendar in my A5 Aston, and then decided I didn't want the pages sticking out after all.

Coming Soon  "My A5 Chameleon 2013 Set-up"

2 comments:

  1. I love the diary! Its a real shame that it doesn't fit in an a5 filofax xx

    ReplyDelete